How to Mix Prints: Floral + Houndstooth
Have you ever been afraid of mixing prints? Here are a few strategies in how to do so successfully!
- Keep the colors in the prints in the same family. In the pictured ensemble, my color pattern was black and white.
- Less is more! I have only mixed 2 prints: floral and houndstooth. If I would have added stripes that would have been too much.
- If you want to start slow, mix with leopard print. This is a very common and easy to mix pattern. This season, you can mix camoflauge with ANYTHING (coming up in a future OOTD post!)
- Wear your mixed prints with confidence. This is key… if you are not sure and present yourself this way, onlookers will not be sure either.
- Have fun! Do and be YOU! 🙂
Floral Bomber + Shoes + Purse + Overalls: Shoedazzle. | Shirt: Vintage.
Sunnies: Moorea Seal. | Hair: Zarah Charm.
Corner Curl Girl
Houndstooth is one of my favorite prints! I have never considered mixing it with other prints especially floral. It totally works though and I am inspired to play around in my closet a little now.
Yay!! So excited to hear this, Tia! Thank you!
Really cute ensemble. I especially loved the shoes and the bags. I can never have enough shoes or bags!
Same here, Carlana! LOL!
I’m not big on patterns and prints, but I have been style deficient these days so this post will help a sistah out big time.
So glad to hear, Kim! Thanks for stopping by!
Love the outfit and the hair! You pull it off really nicely. Sometime l get boring with a bunch of black in winter, pink in summer and forget to mix things up. This inspires 🙂
Thank you, dear! I enjoy wearing bright colors all year. Try it–it may brighten your cloudy days.
Your hair is amazing!
Thank you, beautiful!
I wouldn’t normally mix prints because I wanted to match, but think in today’s fashion world matching is not in season, the bolder the better.
Exactly Tiffany! ☺️
I love this outfit and the colors are popping! Adding this to my closet…
Thank you, queen!
I love mixed prints but I haven’t given them a go yet. I freaking love me some camo, so I will give it a go with that print first.
Yes!! I know you will rock it out!
Super cute outfit! Not sure I could pull it off though. I especially like the jumper.
You know what is funny…I mix prints all the time and never realized there is a strategy for how to do it correctly, lol. This is a great guide! I’m going to use these!! Great post!!
Thank you, cousin!
I learned the strategies through research and viewing the way other bloggers did it!
I agree that wearing an outfit with confidence sets you apart. I do that with my tutu’s often and nobody can tell me anything! Lol
Yes to Tutu’s!!!! Love it!