STYLE BLOGGER & FASHION STYLIST
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and many are preparing to send flowers, cards and candy. But have you prepared your closet? There is nothing sexy about damaged pieces in your wardrobe. It is sexy to freshen up! Start with these simple, but frequently ignored steps:
1. Your panties are not saved so stop saving those holy underwear! Where are you going with those on? You don’t feel confident in them and no lover wants to see them. Replace them with fun colored, printed and stylish panties.
2. Add scents to your sock drawer… Not because your socks are dirty and stinky, but to add a pleasant freshness and aroma everytime you open the drawer and pull out those shoes. This is also great for your underwear drawer. Remember when they used to spray the tissue paper at Victoria’s Secret? Same concept.
3. Get rid of unwired underwire bras… They don’t feel nor look good. You are taking a lot of abuse under that one breast too which can lead to scars and discoloration of the skin. Save your boobies, get a new bra.
4. Discard discolored clothing. There is nothing like waving to a friend with a stained armpit or pretending that your grayish or pinkish blouse is white. It’s ok to start over, buy a new one and don’t despise new beginnings!
5. Stop peeping through socks… I love peep toe shoes because they are dainty. But this does not apply to peep toe socks. They no longer even deserve washing machine time. Quit folding them over or wearing them in hopes that no one will see them. They see us… Your toes.
And if you really want to do it big to celebrate the romantic holiday, follow these same steps for your lover’s closet. It beats chocolate because it will last longer…
Share the love!
Corner Curl Girl
Hahaha! Number one had me screaming right off the top!! These are great tips!
Good tips, lady. I can’t stand a peep toe sock. They hurt plus there super embarrassing.
I just got rid of a ton of crap in my closet. Gonna use this list and finish what I tried to start lol
I clean my underwear drawer out every 6 months and my husband doesn’t understand why. I try to purge clothes annually because if I haven’t worn something in over 2 years the likely hood that I’m going to is slim.
I’ve heard that you should refresh your lingerie every 3 months, so I try to switch out anything that doesn’t look fresh and new. I’ve never thought about scenting my drawers–I’ll have to try it!
But why are you reading my life? I JUST said, I gotta get new panties. They don’t have holes in them, but, I haven’t had to opportunity to do my yearly stock up, I typically buy a LOT all at one time. And let’s not even get on socks. I really gotta do betta in this area of my life, hahaha!
I endorse this message. YES to all of this!
I like the idea of adding aroma to my sock drawer. I also want to get one of those panty organizers.
Lol, this ain’t such a bad idea. I definitely need to add a fragrance satchel to my drawer. Only problem is my one year old barely lets me keep clothes in my dresser.
A few of these are hilarious, especially the holy underwear. I change out my underwear every 6 months with new ones.
ROFL at ‘they see us!” Great article. I did this last month and was long overdue. I love the idea of scenting your underwear and sock drawer. I use a small pillow a friend made and spray my favorite scent.
OMG it’s a shame you have to write a post about this. We are all grown folks – you know better! LOL
Straight hilarious, but truthful. Even if a woman is single these should be tips that she holds dear.
The panties section is nothing but the TRUTH! Get rid of them unholy holey draws! Lol
So funny. Yet true. Having a tough time letting go of the old clothes that need to go. Spring is around the corner and I need to purge so that I get some new items. I’ll be ready by April.